In honor of Khalil coming home yesterday I decided to make homemade steak nachos,best decision ever!
In June I prepared skirt steak for the first time as part of my meal prep and I was hooked! The seasoning for the steak is incredibly simple and I had all of the ingredients already in my cabinet!
Khalil and I thought that we would share how we made our simple steak nachos!
You will need:
- 1lb of skirt steak
- Crushed garlic(desired amount)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of Pepper
- Any preferred steak seasoning (you can eye ball this)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Apply each ingredient on both sides of the steak.
- Place steak on a lined baking sheet and place in a preheated oven of 350°.Bake for 15-20 minutes or until your preferred doneness.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 8oz of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips that will be used to scoop up this delicious cheese sauce.🤪
- In a pot melt the butter and then begin to incorporate the flour.(medium high heat)
- Whisk continuously at a fast pace,the flour will disappear and the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Whisk for another 2 minutes while the sauce bubbles then stir in the diced or shredded cheese you have chosen. Season to taste.
- Stir until combined completely.
Time to assemble!
Place tortilla chips on a plate,add a few slices of steak,pour on your cheese sauce, add your choice toppings and you’re done.
*The entire process(prep and cook time only takes about an hour.)
You can add whatever toppings you desire. Khalil and I decided to top our nachos with shredded lettuce,shredded cheese,hot sauce (Khalil) and sour cream!
Other serving options; avocado,black beans,tomatoes,refried beans,salsa!
We pigged 🐷 out on the couch while watching an old Denzel Washington movie called Out of time. (Oldie but goodie)
*spinach steak salad 🥗
We also used the leftover steak to make steak omelettes the next morning! The possibilities with this steak recipe are endless!
•Thanks so much for reading!
•Have a question,feel free to leave us a comment!💕
•Being the best we can for our little human!💕